2004 Ranger speaker issue

DEF66

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2004 ranger
I have a 2004 Ranger and the right channel doesn’t seem to be active. I didn’t know if it was a speaker issue or if the the issue may be something else. I have given my truck to my 16 year old and it’s possible the Metallica cd he listens to blew the speaker out. I didn’t want to begin tearing things apart until I had some good info on the tremor sound package and if there was anyone with similar issues that could give me some technical advice. Thanks

I can't help you with the sound system problem, but I just wanted to say how cool it is that you have a Ford Ranger Tremor model. It's crazy the sound system they put in that little truck. They are very rare. I've never seen one in person.

I have a 2004 Ranger and the right channel doesn’t seem to be active. I didn’t know if it was a speaker issue or if the the issue may be something else. I have given my truck to my 16 year old and it’s possible the Metallica cd he listens to blew the speaker out. I didn’t want to begin tearing things apart until I had some good info on the tremor sound package and if there was anyone with similar issues that could give me some technical advice. Thanks
METALLICA ROCKS. ONE IF MY OLD FAVORITE METAL BANDS FROM THE 80’s and 90’s. I’m glad the youth of our future are little Mary’s as it seems to be in my mind. GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR BAD ASS SON. ??????????????????

Stupid spellcheck
One of my favorite metal bands
And
I’m glad the youth of our future are NOT little Mary’s

I can't help you with the sound system problem, but I just wanted to say how cool it is that you have a Ford Ranger Tremor model. It's crazy the sound system they put in that little truck. They are very rare. I've never seen one in person.
I’m a plumber and have a friend that’s manages a car dearlership. I was looking for a ranger for a work ride and when he came across this one with the tremor package he knew I would love it. It’s been a great truck and my son slid right into it. I also have an 89 mustang gt. but he will not be taking that out for a while.

METALLICA ROCKS. ONE IF MY OLD FAVORITE METAL BANDS FROM THE 80’s and 90’s. I’m glad the youth of our future are little Mary’s as it seems to be in my mind. GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR BAD ASS SON. ??????????????????
I have made sure my son has been brought up right, using was my life growing up and it is nice to be able to jam out on the same music with him. He can’t understand why kids at school don’t know who Metallica, Van Halen, Ozzy, or any of the rockers are!

had the same problem. Not using listening to music. Don’t know how that happened ?

Well the first to check is the balance settings on the stereo it self. Make sure it’s not all to the left. From there it could be anything from a blown channel on the radio, a loose wire, or a blown speaker. A blown speaker will usually still play something. That’s assuming it is stock and no aftermarket amplifier.

also nothing like some good Metallica! Especially when appropriately loud in a good sounding stereo.

I checked the balance, was listening to some Van Halen and wasn’t getting the guitar solo on “running with the devil”, that’s actually where this all started. The ranger is an extended cab so I was able to open all 4 doors and do a sound check. I was not getting the same sound level from both front and rear speakers on the right side as front and rear on the left side. The right side was extremely lower than the left that’s why I was concerned since both front and rear speakers on the right we’re having the same low volume issue the problem may be with the receiver or amp. I can’t find much info online that deals with how the tremor amp for a 2004 is wired. I will get my meter out tomorrow and pull the cover off that monster pioneer amp/sub and see if I can figure out if there is some way to switch the L&R channels and perhaps rule some things out. I’ve found very little on the wiring for the tremor it have found enough to give it a shot.

Just wondering if anyone out there has removed the black plastic cover for the amp/sub for an older tremor. Mine is a 2004. I have removed the 4 bolts/brackets on the ends from under the truck. That seems to hold the entire unit down and the plastic housing doesn’t seem to move. It appears that the amp and sub are somehow attached to the plastic housing but I’m not sure, don’t want to start pulling and do damage to something.

Attachments

• 2C2EEF1B-83EF-4E86-9BE5-3B7017524E7D.jpeg
    2C2EEF1B-83EF-4E86-9BE5-3B7017524E7D.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 27
Hmm never seen anything like that before that would have an amp and sub underneath it. But if not moving then thinking there must be another bolt or attachment somewhere

Back