20" wheels or stick with 18's??

FORDFIRSTIMER

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
20 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
18 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm ordering wheels and tires today. I've decided to go with 35 x 12.50 Nitto Ridge Grappler's on black Method Wheels but I cannot decide weather I should go with 18 or 20" wheels. I kind of think that as big as the truck is that the 18's look small on it and that the 20 wheels look a little more proportionate.

Any disadvantages to going 20" besides the added cost? Would the ride quality decrease?

personally (and in the end, it allll comes down to personal preference), I prefer 18' over 20".
I like the additional sidewall (and the looks of it, also) that accompanies the 18" wheel. I do feel like ride quality is reduced, some, when a 20" wheel is used in lieu of 18"....the [difference in] ride quality may not be much, but that additional sidewall has to account for something

Last edited:
personally (and in the end, it allll comes down to personal preference), I prefer 18' over 20".
I like the additional sidewall (and the looks of it, also) that accompanies the 18" wheel. I do feel like ride quality is reduced, some, when a 20" wheel is used in lieu of 18"....the [difference in] ride quality may not be much, but that additional sidewall has to account for something

Agreed 100%

I'm happy with the 18s and I think it helps translate to a nice ride with a big heavy duty truck. 18s should be better suited for off-road use. The 20s might be create a stiffer ride, however it might handle better on pavement due to the shorter sidewall.

I had the same problem, i was able to drive 2 superduty's one with 18's and one with 20's here at the shop and the 18's did seem to ride better, they wasn't Tremor's. I finally went with the 18's for mine. Ill have them on this afternoon. I do Tow almost 99% of the time when this rig will leave the drive way, so i hope the 18's sidewall will be good with that. Time will tell.

I wanted the 20x9 nv 605 but I heard they ride very stiff. A friend had them and he went back to the 18 305 to improve the ride. I have not had the opportunity to feel the difference.
6FC76273-A83E-4E55-98E3-E2DB000C93C4.jpeg
013B178C-E4B5-482A-A6AE-3E785C12FDBF.jpeg

Back