20" rims

20s are OK but you have much less sidewall flex, hence people associate them with Starbucks and mall crawlers. But if you like the look and won't ever be off-road, go for it.
I'll be "off-road" but I'd be willing to bet its not going to be as extreme as others do with thiers.

Looks great! I really like the white/chrome look. Wonder if the ride difference is more noticeable with 6.7 vs 7.3?
Not exactly sure on that? But also, I tend to chuckle a bit when guys claim their 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck doesn't ride smooth or nice? It's a 3/4 ton truck, it's not a car.......they ride a little stiffer. LOL

Honestly, if you really think about it, these big trucks / pickups ride pretty damn nice considering what they are. In fact I have a buddy of mine that always says the Super Dutys and Chevy 2500's of the world are real trucks / pickups and the half tons running around out there are El Caminos and Rancheros. Ha ha.

Tremor is an off road package. Larger rims make it less off road worthy.
if/when I level and get bigger tires I'm getting 17 inch rims and 37 inch tires.

Big wheels with borderline low profile "off road" tires looks :sick::poop:

if/when I level and get bigger tires I'm getting 17 inch rims and 37 inch tires.

Big wheels with borderline low profile "off road" tires looks :sick::poop:
I would agree, I'm not into the big rims / no tire look!!!

But going from an 18" to 20" rim and staying with 35" or 37" tires still looks good and actually looks well....normal. After all, sticking with 35" tires and moving from 18" to a 20" rim, you only lose 1" of sidewall. Now take into consideration the actual or true height of a tire and it might be less depending on the brand.

I would agree, I'm not into the big rims / no tire look!!!

But going from an 18" to 20" rim and staying with 35" or 37" tires still looks good and actually looks well....normal. After all, sticking with 35" tires and moving from 18" to a 20" rim, you only lose 1" of sidewall. Now take into consideration the actual or true height of a tire and it might be less depending on the brand.

I think 35" tires look too small to begin with on this truck, especially when leveled. But yeah I love the look of 37" tires on 20" wheels like: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/aftermarket-wheels-tire-size-offset-photos.330/page-6#post-15413

5f90dc27-24f2-4d0c-902a-5dbd61a822f3-jpeg.4020

?

If you never go off road and air down tires, then rock on. Just understand that there are a number of reasons to air down off road. Ride, puncture resistance, tire conformity to terrain and increased traction chief amongst them. The rule of thumb is that the tire height should be roughly double the rim size to allow proper sidewall deflection and space for rim (you don't want the rim to pinch the tire or risk the bead coming undone, the reason for beadlocks). So at 17 or 18 inches on the rim, and 35" tires, you're right there in the sweet spot. 20" rims with 35" or 37", you have some risk. Don't underestimate that risk. It's real and it's there.
Do what makes you happy, but understand the tradeoff and risk and proceed with that in mind.

There's looks and there's functionality.

On edit, I am going to add one more caveat, and it's a strong one, please pay attention.

If you have a 6.7l diesel, with 20" rims, along with a stock front end (only a couple of inches of up travel before hitting stops) and you are off road, aired down even if just a little (like say 30 psi-- individual tires and situations will differ), you run significant risk of sidewall failure and rim damage because of the weight and forces on that front end as that tire comes down on say a sharp rock or you drop into a hole with some momentum. Be careful and know your limitations!

Last edited:
If you never go off road and air down tires, then rock on. Just understand that there are a number of reasons to air down off road. Ride, puncture resistance, tire conformity to terrain and increased traction chief amongst them. The rule of thumb is that the tire height should be roughly double the rim size to allow proper sidewall deflection and space for rim (you don't want the rim to pinch the tire or risk the bead coming undone, the reason for beadlocks). So at 17 or 18 inches on the rim, and 35" tires, you're right there in the sweet spot. 20" rims with 35" or 37", you have some risk. Don't underestimate that risk. It's real and it's there.
Do what makes you happy, but understand the tradeoff and risk and proceed with that in mind.

There's looks and there's functionality.

On edit, I am going to add one more caveat, and it's a strong one, please pay attention.

If you have a 6.7l diesel, with 20" rims, along with a stock front end (only a couple of inches of up travel before hitting stops) and you are off road, aired down even if just a little (like say 30 psi-- individual tires and situations will differ), you run significant risk of sidewall failure and rim damage because of the weight and forces on that front end as that tire comes down on say a sharp rock or you drop into a hole with some momentum. Be careful and know your limitations!
Im ordering the 7.3. But you definitely have a valid point there.

20s with 37s is it. I’ll probably end up doing that too. But I love the fact that I can bang around on the 18s wearing 35s. The vermont paved roads are in really poor shape right now too.

Wheel calculators can help when you want to compare backspace, offset, and overall diameter of a change.

Here’s an example:

Back