20" rims

marine_wi

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Military
Marine Corps
Hey y'all.
Just curious if anyone has put 20inch wheels with 35inch tires? I like a little less rubber. Was debating on possibly going this route but not sure how it would look. Anyone got any pics of their Tremor with this type of set?

Edit: 20" rims with 35" tires.

Last edited:
Probably look really small and out of place on a Tremor.. 20“ wheels with 35” tires would look much better IMO.. If that’s still too much rubber, get 22” wheels and 35” tires.. Not sure why you would want shorter than factory height tires?

Probably look really small and out of place on a Tremor.. 20“ wheels with 35” tires would look much better IMO.. If that’s still too much rubber, get 22” wheels and 35” tires.. Not sure why you would want shorter than factory height tires?
I guess I never really thought of that... ? Good thing I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.

My 17' 350 Platty had factory 20's, with 275/65r20 Michelins. If I remember correctly, they measured 34.1" I changed the Michelins to 295/65r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. They had a 4080 lb rating. Perfect for carrying a camper.
IMG_0035.JPG

Will it honestly be that much of a perceivable difference? Tires would be same size with slightly less sidewall.

A Tremor has 8.5" of tire on the road (35" tires - 18" wheels divided by 2.) A non-Tremor F250 with stock 34" tires and 20" wheels has 7" of tire on the road. Your combination of 33" tires and 20" wheels has 6.5" of tire on the road. A 24% decrease. I'd say it'd make a perceivable difference, yeah.

A Tremor has 8.5" of tire on the road (35" tires - 18" wheels divided by 2.) A non-Tremor F250 with stock 34" tires and 20" wheels has 7" of tire on the road. Your combination of 33" tires and 20" wheels has 6.5" of tire on the road. A 24% decrease. I'd say it'd make a perceivable difference, yeah.
That's if I went with 33". I could still do 20s with 35".

Will it honestly be that much of a perceivable difference? Tires would be same size with slightly less sidewall.
Assuming you stick with 35” tires, like you’re talking about above after it was suggested, I think you would notice the biggest difference aired down.

Will it be night and day? Doubt it.

Noticeable? Probably, but something that you would adjust to your first time off pavement is my guess.

I wouldn’t stress it, personally. Lots of folks run 35” tires on 20” rims. Not my preference, but that’s me.

Yes, it will ride stiffer than factory and you will lose a lot of small bump compliance when you go up to a 20" wheel. As @soop pointed out, a 1.5" shorter side wall will make a noticable difference in the ride quality of the truck. I went the opposite way with 37" tires and 17" wheels, so mine drives very nicely on and off road. (10" of side wall compared to 8.5") Not quite as nice as my Raptor on 37s, but that has a lot to do with the Raptor's soft suspension compared to the Tremor's 1-ton suspension.

That's if I went with 33". I could still do 20s with 35".
20’s and 35’s will do fine if that’s what you want. My wife’s truck has 35.5 with 20’s. They are fine for mostly highway but not the best off-road. You also feel pot holes a little harsher with 20’s but they are acceptable. It’s your money and your preference. Your tremor wheels tires will bring decent money. If I owned an fx4 I would be looking for tremor takėoffs 18’s

I like the color contrast of the sun and shadows on your truck in that color. Wheels look great too

20s are OK but you have much less sidewall flex, hence people associate them with Starbucks and mall crawlers. But if you like the look and won't ever be off-road, go for it.

No issues here either, I went with 20" wheels and 35" Toyo RT's. Works great, looks good and the ride quality does not suffer to a point that makes a difference.

No "regrats" here !! lol View attachment 23498

View attachment 23499
Looks great! I really like the white/chrome look. Wonder if the ride difference is more noticeable with 6.7 vs 7.3?

Back