20 F350 to 20 F350 Tremor

Great looking truck! I'm sure it will pull your 5'er and handle just fine! Congrats!

I assume you're running the higher rear pressure because of the 5th wheel towing? Are you dropping the pressure when running empty? We would air up or down on ours (we had several F350s for work) as the situation dictated.
Again, thanks for the feedback. The OEM tires are one thing that's been concerning me and you're the first I've seen who runs the exact tire & size that I had planned.
Mine is a 350 so TPMS light comes on anything below 70 for rear. I just didn’t want to mess with inflating and deflating. So far I’m impressed with the ride. I’m just not a duratrac fan. They had to go. I actually never even saw my truck with stock tires.

H

Have you done tembrens or anything to alleviate the squat? My dealer who I have a great relationship with swapped the BFGs for essentially free. They are 305/65r18. I’m a Bfg guy have been since my first truck.
Not yet ! The squat does not bother me. The timbrens sound easy enough. I am considering them as well as the rear sway bar kits.

Not yet ! The squat does not bother me. The timbrens sound easy enough. I am considering them as well as the rear sway bar kits.

The squat is going to bother oncoming traffic at night with those beautiful, bright LED headlights. My 5er with ~2000# pin weight gets me flashed by about every other oncoming car.

The squat is going to bother oncoming traffic at night with those beautiful, bright LED headlights. My 5er with ~2000# pin weight gets me flashed by about every other oncoming car.
Couple days ago, this is 37.5 Open Range the road is level so that is what you get for squat, There is over 2000 pin weight ( conflicting numbers 2300-2400???) I love the exhaust brake this tows and drives great. NOTE: the sliding hitch is all the way back in the maneuvering position. You can see my tail gate is down. It still clears the the RV
IMG_5921.jpeg

What’s everyone doing for additional lighting? I have a set of cubes I’m mounting to the sides of the hitch, but want something on the front, but something that looks more factory than an after thought.
Are their any kits which place lights in the space under the fog light?

Yes I have thought and researched this a bunch and at one point almost canceled the temor. My FX4 truck was an absolute monster and handled my 5er perfectly. (All within weight ratings) Weighed numerous times at the CAT scales. I’m going to have to adjust my hitch height down I believe which will give me less bed side clearance.

I had dealer swap duratracs for BFG’s before I picked it up.
When you did that swap, did you have to pay for the new tires and got something for the duratracs? Or you just switched them out?

Mine is a 350 so TPMS light comes on anything below 70 for rear. I just didn’t want to mess with inflating and deflating. So far I’m impressed with the ride. I’m just not a duratrac fan. They had to go. I actually never even saw my truck with stock tires.
What's the downside to the Duratracs?

When you did that swap, did you have to pay for the new tires and got something for the duratracs? Or you just switched them out?

They swapped them not even but for a few hundred.

What's the downside to the Duratracs?
No downside. Personal preference. I have a good bit of experience with duratracs in work trucks. Good tire, but noisy after a short time.
My first truck had BFG’s, 24 years later I have had them on something whether it was my daily driver or a toy the entire time. 24 years, no flats, no issues. They are quiet and get me where I need to go.

Tires are almost Ford vs Chevy kind of thing. I just prefer the BFG.

Did your dealership have any issue with putting a tire that is rated for a minimum 8.5 inch wide wheel on the factory 8 inch wide wheel? I love that look, but I usually go through Discount tire and they won't put them on an 8-inch wheel.

Did your dealership have any issue with putting a tire that is rated for a minimum 8.5 inch wide wheel on the factory 8 inch wide wheel? I love that look, but I usually go through Discount tire and they won't put them on an 8-inch wheel.

Not at all. They tried to talk me into 37’s.

I did this on purpose, hoping my wife doesn’t notice..
If she questions you just tell her you got some cool stickers for the truck!!!

Couple days ago, this is 37.5 Open Range the road is level so that is what you get for squat, There is over 2000 pin weight ( conflicting numbers 2300-2400???) I love the exhaust brake this tows and drives great. NOTE: the sliding hitch is all the way back in the maneuvering position. You can see my tail gate is down. It still clears the the RV
With your sliding 5th full forward does your tailgate clear when down? Also which 5th wheel did you go with? Considering an auto slide but I really don't want to remove my tailgate if it causes a clearance issue. I don't see why a shorter bed would not clear the tailgate just fine, just looking for confirmation.

With your sliding 5th full forward does your tailgate clear when down? Also which 5th wheel did you go with? Considering an auto slide but I really don't want to remove my tailgate if it causes a clearance issue. I don't see why a shorter bed would not clear the tailgate just fine, just looking for confirmation.
With the Ford Tremor and my 20 K Curt sliding hitch the tail gate will drop down with it slid back all the way and won't hit maneuvering. It will drop down with the unit slid forward but the tail gate could hit the RV while turning.
IMG_4872.jpeg

With the Ford Tremor and my 20 K Curt sliding hitch the tail gate will drop down with it slid back all the way and won't hit maneuvering. It will drop down with the unit slid forward but the tail gate could hit the RV while turning.
This means a Demco auto slide should not hit when hooking up in the full forward position and the tailgate down as long as I am in line with the trailer. Thank you for your response.

This means a Demco auto slide should not hit when hooking up in the full forward position and the tailgate down as long as I am in line with the trailer. Thank you for your response.
just keep an eye on it first couple times out with it.
go slow stop and keep checking it until you are confident it is clear.

Back