DEAL 2% Under Invoice on a Super Duty Order @ Granger Ford

Two questions -

1. My truck is built and I got an email that says shipped expected to arrive Oct 14-20. I know a few months ago it looked like approx 2 months in shipping, is that still the case.

2. What interest rates are you guys seeing lately? I picked up a GMC Denali 2500 in the meantime while waiting for this truck and its still a relatively low interest rate, I don't know that I would actually pick the Ford up if the interest rate was something extreme. I like the GMC just fine and would be fine keeping it.

Mine took 3 months to get to the dealer.

No SD scheduling next week.

They are either finished or they will have one more scheduling "balance out".

I already saw a bunch of people with Dec 5 build weeks and after that the plant shuts down for 3 weeks if it follows last years schedule.

They are either finished or they will have one more scheduling "balance out".

I already saw a bunch of people with Dec 5 build weeks and after that the plant shuts down for 3 weeks if it follows last years schedule.
Yeah, I don't see any way to get scheduled at this point. It would certainly be a surprise if it happens.

Yeah, I don't see any way to get scheduled at this point. It would certainly be a surprise if it happens.

They will have a week of "balance out". i havent see that yet. Thats indicative of the very last scheduling for a MY and basically just to finish out slots in the last production week. Im guessing they are going to wait a week or 3 to do balance out just so they dont give somebody a VIN and then go "whoops"...which I am actually guessing might happen anyway...

Bought a 2022 GMC 3500 HD Denali because I didn’t think my Tremor would get built and need it to haul snowmobiles this winter. Of course, I receive a VIN a few weeks ago. I contacted Granger and told them I was planning on picking up the truck and selling to a local dealer, as I didn’t want to lose the $1,000 deposit, and asked alternatively if they were interested in the truck. Ashleigh immediately emailed me and told me I couldn’t sell my truck for 6 months, per their agreement with Ford. I asked for a copy of the contract language at issue and she didn’t provide it to me. Granger ended up giving me my $1,000 deposit back (no surprise, since I’m sure they can sell my truck for a huge profit), but I don’t like shady claims of not being able to sell an F250 within 6 months of ownership.

Anybody else told they couldn’t sell their trucks for the first six months??

LOL. Thats funny.

kinda like the claims of you cant refinance until 90-120 days off a dealers special finance...

They only say that because if you dont wait the time they dont get their money from the lender or manufacturer...

Bought a 2022 GMC 3500 HD Denali because I didn’t think my Tremor would get built and need it to haul snowmobiles this winter. Of course, I receive a VIN a few weeks ago. I contacted Granger and told them I was planning on picking up the truck and selling to a local dealer, as I didn’t want to lose the $1,000 deposit, and asked alternatively if they were interested in the truck. Ashleigh immediately emailed me and told me I couldn’t sell my truck for 6 months, per their agreement with Ford. I asked for a copy of the contract language at issue and she didn’t provide it to me. Granger ended up giving me my $1,000 deposit back (no surprise, since I’m sure they can sell my truck for a huge profit), but I don’t like shady claims of not being able to sell an F250 within 6 months of ownership.

Was never in any paper work with mine.

Last edited:

What did you expect when you told them you were flipping it to a dealer? Dealers are not cool with the customers flipping , if your going to do that its best not to tell them.

What did you expect when you told them you were flipping it to a dealer? Dealers are not cool with the customers flipping , if your going to do that its best not to tell them.
I guess I expected them to offer to take my vehicle, by way of giving my deposit back. I didn’t expect them to lie to me. I wasn’t thrilled about having to fly to Iowa to get my vehicle and then sell it, but I wasn’t about to lose my $1,000 deposit. I was looking for a simple resolution, not a blatant lie.

I guess I expected them to offer to take my vehicle, by way of giving my deposit back. I didn’t expect them to lie to me. I wasn’t thrilled about having to fly to Iowa to get my vehicle and then sell it, but I wasn’t about to lose my $1,000 deposit. I was looking for a simple resolution, not a blatant lie.
I think flipping has sailed away with the housing market due to rates

I would have kept my mouth shut, you would have likely made a decent profit selling the truck.

If you only wanted the deposit back, I would have asked for it. If they gave you a hard time, then I would have mentioned selling the truck.

I would have kept my mouth shut, you would have likely made a decent profit selling the truck.

If you only wanted the deposit back, I would have asked for it. If they gave you a hard time, then I would have mentioned selling the truck.
I was just trying to be up front and honest about the fact that I no longer needed/wanted the truck. I was trying to make it clear to Ashleigh that even though I no longer wanted the truck, I wasn’t going to stick Granger with the truck. At the same time, if they wanted the truck, I was giving them the opportunity to keep it. In response, I get lied to about not being able to sell the truck for six months. Was she trying to get me to walk away from my deposit? I don’t know. If Granger has an explanation as to why Ashleigh would tell me something completely untrue, they are welcome to post a response.

When I asked for my deposit back after 9 months with no scheduled build it was refunded promptly.

Your case might have been different in that regard since you had a VIN and build date scheduled, but at the end of the day Granger knows they can sell that truck for AT LEAST MSRP if not more and your order date likely had some price protection in it. Granger would have made out perfectly fine on it after giving your deposit back.

Ill be honest that dealing with Ashleigh was the one part of Granger that I disliked. IF I order a 23, it will likely be through Granger, but I will let whoever know I would like to be assigned to a different sales person.

I was just trying to be up front and honest about the fact that I no longer needed/wanted the truck. I was trying to make it clear to Ashleigh that even though I no longer wanted the truck, I wasn’t going to stick Granger with the truck. At the same time, if they wanted the truck, I was giving them the opportunity to keep it. In response, I get lied to about not being able to sell the truck for six months. Was she trying to get me to walk away from my deposit? I don’t know. If Granger has an explanation as to why Ashleigh would tell me something completely untrue, they are welcome to post a response.
You were trying to get granger to bid on the truck they were selling to you at a discount…

You were trying to get granger to bid on the truck they were selling to you at a discount…
Absolutely not true. If I were interested in making money on the truck, I would have gone through with the deal. I didn’t want the truck but wasn’t about to lose my deposit. The second they indicated I could have my deposit back, I took it. I didn’t try to squeeze anything extra. You are 100% wrong.

After Dustin moved to a different position all my communication has been with Ashleigh, nothing but good things to say about her. Quick to respond and very polite.

After Dustin moved to a different position all my communication has been with Ashleigh, nothing but good things to say about her. Quick to respond and very polite.
She’s always been polite and helpful to me as well. I’ll do business with her/granger anytime.

In the OP Granger is up front and states that the $1,000 deposit in non-refundable. I feel like Granger is going above to refund any deposits that anyone is trying to reclaim in my opinion.

Back