Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2020 Tremor Velocity Blue
First Responder
Yes
So I had the bright idea of taking off the tailgate this weekend.....why is a story for another day. Removing it was pretty straight forward 3 plugs down by the spare fish them up thru and thats it. The only problem is when I went to slide the tailgate off, I just caught the inside of the right tail light and cracked the lens....and as title states Ford wants 1k for a new one....WTF? and the kicker is that doesn't even include the BLIS radar module you have to retrofit your old one.....the lens on these are extremely brittle you can hardly notice the cracks but as soon as we get some rain you know the rest.....just FYI......also if the tail lights are a grand apiece I would hate to see what the LED headlights cost to replace........

Ouch! That is expensive!

I hope it does..........even second hand on Ebay their going for $700 and most of them are beat up.....

I hope it does..........even second hand on Ebay their going for $700 and most of them are beat up.....
no way I would go the bay route

So I had the bright idea of taking off the tailgate this weekend.....why is a story for another day. Removing it was pretty straight forward 3 plugs down by the spare fish them up thru and thats it. The only problem is when I went to slide the tailgate off, I just caught the inside of the right tail light and cracked the lens....and as title states Ford wants 1k for a new one....WTF? and the kicker is that doesn't even include the BLIS radar module you have to retrofit your old one.....the lens on these are extremely brittle you can hardly notice the cracks but as soon as we get some rain you know the rest.....just FYI......also if the tail lights are a grand apiece I would hate to see what the LED headlights cost to replace........
Check with your insurance agent about coverage subject to your deductible....

While in a hurry and a lapse of judgment I managed to rip off the drivers side xm antenna housing when I got too close to the garage. :mad: Waiting to see what that’s going to cost. I just hope it doesn’t leak because it’s raining cats and dogs here all day today and tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's crazy, the LED headlights assembly list for over $1,600.00, ouch!!

That's crazy, the LED headlights assembly list for over $1,600.00, ouch!!
I looked those up, thinking I'd like to swap to the blacked out Sport version when I get my truck. Yup, they list at $1,660ish EACH!

I was taking my bike rack off today and whacked the tail light lens, put a big crack in it. Has anyone found a decent replacement option? If its $1000 I'll just put some red tape on it. Can't believe how brittle these things are.

I was taking my bike rack off today and whacked the tail light lens, put a big crack in it. Has anyone found a decent replacement option? If its $1000 I'll just put some red tape on it. Can't believe how brittle these things are.
Sorry to hear that man....yea it sucks....super glue will discolor the lens...I turned into my INS only had $100 DD.....on a side note when I went to put the replacement in the holes didn't quite line up....local garage had to file them bigger to get screws in....weird!

On Friday i smacked my tail light putting a few empty crate palates in the box and accidentally smacked my tail light. My heart fell as i quickly moved to inspect the light and thank goodness it was fine. I got super lucky. I wondered how much they were.

My brother works with a lot of dealerships and knows his way around car parts. He found this lens for $103. Gotta switch out the BLIS and other stuff, but its exactly what I need. Hope this helps you guys.

My brother works with a lot of dealerships and knows his way around car parts. He found this lens for $103. Gotta switch out the BLIS and other stuff, but its exactly what I need. Hope this helps you guys.

Yea...that's for the Halogen ver of thr tailight....funny how led add about another $800 to the price thanks for the heads up though....still have the broken one might tear it apart and see what make it tik....or at the very least replace the lens with halogen one.....IF I ever get the time......

Back