14.4" Screen for the 2020-2021 Trucks

Mine has no issue with polarized sunglasses. I have the 14.4 inch version.
The 12” version is a different screen, same here with me 14.4 looks fine with polarized glasses.

I’ve had mine quite awhile now and no regrets with it. If you follow the f150 forum thread there are a lot of good updates for the bugs and the version I am running seems to work the way I want it to. Netflix works, with the screen orientation the way it is you won’t get full screen but it takes up as much space as it can to keep the resolution right. The nice thing is you can split the apple car play screen with others so for instance I will run car play on Spotify or Waze and then have YouTube TV playing a football game below (for my passengers to watch of course) 😅

I have the viknav version which looks like they made it even cheaper. I’m sure the autotec support is nice if you don’t want to do any research yourself, but I have been fine just getting help in forums, there are a lot of these in our trucks now, I’ve got very few complaints for the cost. It is a much better experience than the stock unit.

Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7233.jpeg
    IMG_7233.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 102
I installed this unit on my 2017 Sync 3 Super duty a few months ago and it's been fine. But now the volume is stuck at 6. There is no sound and the volume buttons on the touch screen won't change the volume, and the steering wheel controls don't either. I removed fuse 28 in the passenger side panel for about an hour and replaced it, and that didn't fix it. I used a pin to reset the screen and that didn't fix it either. Anyone else experience this?

Was hoping there was a BF/CM for this but looks like it's still holding at a discounted rate. Any feedback other than Toofy glitching out? Hows the AliExpress ones holding up? Always makes me a little nervous with these aftermarket android units. Chinese probably stealing my info (in all seriousness I just worry about having to put in my email and password for google play store crap).

I installed this unit on my 2017 Sync 3 Super duty a few months ago and it's been fine. But now the volume is stuck at 6. There is no sound and the volume buttons on the touch screen won't change the volume, and the steering wheel controls don't either. I removed fuse 28 in the passenger side panel for about an hour and replaced it, and that didn't fix it. I used a pin to reset the screen and that didn't fix it either. Anyone else experience this?

Turns out this was a battery problem. Batteries were graveyard dead from not driving it for a while. I got new batteries and problem went away.

Turns out this was a battery problem. Batteries were graveyard dead from not driving it for a while. I got new batteries and problem went away.
Damn dude that's crazy. What is your opinion over all?

Damn dude that's crazy. What is your opinion over all?

It's in a truck that is not my daily driver so it's hard to get used to it. I miss the volume knob. But overall I like it.

Was hoping there was a BF/CM for this but looks like it's still holding at a discounted rate. Any feedback other than Toofy glitching out? Hows the AliExpress ones holding up? Always makes me a little nervous with these aftermarket android units. Chinese probably stealing my info (in all seriousness I just worry about having to put in my email and password for google play store crap).
Expecting my VIKNAV unit form Aliexpress on Thursday. Hopefully installing on Saturday. I will post with any issues I come across.

Installed the VIKNAV unit. Took about 2 hours but I am OCD with wrapping up and zip tying cables. Comes with a few things some will not need to plug in and can leave out. I did not install the Hotspot SIM card cable, Extra external speaker, or the 2 Hotspot antennas. Def gonna take some getting used to not having a volume knob. Still learning the screens and controls. But overall an easy install. I need to figure out how to dim it cuz driving into work this morning it felt like I had all the interior lights on it was so big and bright. Anyone know how to create a custom boot screen or add a picture to the home screen?

Installed the VIKNAV unit. Took about 2 hours but I am OCD with wrapping up and zip tying cables. Comes with a few things some will not need to plug in and can leave out. I did not install the Hotspot SIM card cable, Extra external speaker, or the 2 Hotspot antennas. Def gonna take some getting used to not having a volume knob. Still learning the screens and controls. But overall an easy install. I need to figure out how to dim it cuz driving into work this morning it felt like I had all the interior lights on it was so big and bright. Anyone know how to create a custom boot screen or add a picture to the home screen?
I would start by getting NovaLauncher, it is much more customizable and makes it easy to change background and icons. I’ve posted pictures of what mine looks like at the top on the page.

Mine is still working good, I haven’t checked for newer firmware since late summer because it has been working to my satisfaction when I am in that truck, it is parked for the winter now so likely won’t touch it until spring.

Watch the 3rd video for the f150 thats on amazon, at 1:15min

Anyone else have a very noticeable volume difference between the console volume and the Android auto volume. The console volume is super loud on radio, Amazon music and Sirius. When I start android auto the volume is less than it was on the stock system. The volume goes to 30 compared to 25 on the original stereo. The console at full 30 is amazingly loud. In Android auto set at 30 is like having the original at like 15. Looked in all the audio settings but could not find anything that fixed the problem.

I figured it out. The new system has a base setting at like 8. In the settings tab you can increase this all the way up to 38. This thing cranks now. Really loving this thing so far. Just takes a little tweaking and getting use to.

Anyone have trouble with Apple Carplay connecting to the Autotec via WiFi then not having data service? When carplay is connected, I cannot use my phone on Safari or Google Chrome. Google maps projected onto carplay loads the map very very slow, but it does load. Maybe those mapped areas are cached and not really coming down from the internet?

Anyone have trouble with Apple Carplay connecting to the Autotec via WiFi then not having data service? When carplay is connected, I cannot use my phone on Safari or Google Chrome. Google maps projected onto carplay loads the map very very slow, but it does load. Maybe those mapped areas are cached and not really coming down from the internet?
I think iPhone will only let you connect to either the hotspot wifi or Bluetooth, not both at the same time. I have two phones so the unit connects to one for Bluetooth, the other for WiFi.

Both phones work fine while connected

Anyone having an issue with Google Maps getting stuck on a screen orientation where North is up and cannot be changed, then the current location dot is shifted far to the right third of the screen? I’ve played with all the settings but can’t seem to get it to set the direction the vehicle is facing orientated to the top of the screen.

Random question: Does anyone have the stock panel for a 2020 that they removed they are interested in selling? Or if there is an extra volume knob someone is willing to sell also. Not sure if the knob comes off of the panel as I have not taken it off but the paint on mine cracked and cannot seem to find one unless I buy the whole panel from Ford. Thank you in advanced. -Derek

Back