12v compressor

Vicious-Peanut

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Hey guys - since we have been discussing tire pressures I’m planning on getting a 12v portable to keep in the truck. I like the Viair 400P but if I upgrade to 37s I don’t want to regret it. Plus I know “airing down” for us isn’t the 12 psi jeep guys use but more like 30. So with the higher pressures is a different unit better?

would love onboard air but not in the cards right now

Keep in mind there is a lot of air volume in those big tires. I am also a Jeeper with big tires and I prefer a compressor and holding tank It will take a while to air back up with many 12v units. But its a viable short term option

Keep in mind there is a lot of air volume in those big tires. I am also a Jeeper with big tires and I prefer a compressor and holding tank It will take a while to air back up with many 12v units. But its a viable short term option

Exactly what I’m wondering about. Am I best off getting a 1 gallon compressor / tank combo? I would like it to fit on the storage I get the back seat but no idea how big that really is. Want my ratchets, compressor, deflator and tow straps down there.

Exactly what I’m wondering about. Am I best off getting a 1 gallon compressor / tank combo? I would like it to fit on the storage I get the back seat but no idea how big that really is. Want my ratchets, compressor, deflator and tow straps down there.
sorry no clue

but "Rock Taxi" has a sweet set up on his Tremor tank is mounted under to frame by gas tank, it's really top notch. I am going to get a compressor on my Rubicon probably the dual, if I like it will get one for the Tremor, but first I am getting the bumper winch this summer.

I'm actually very happy with my setup. Air tools are no problem, tractor tires take a bit of time due to the volume, but not too bad. Truck tires no issue at all. I couldn't find a way to get anything "ballsy enough" that would fit in the cab, so I went under the truck. Here is my setup in the link below. I have no experience with competitors or other options other than CO2 tanks that I have carried for years, but this works great for me.

Ed

Here is a layout option for an air tank setup. It’s a train horn kit but it is setup for double duty with a 100% duty cycle pump. It’s a direct bolt on system (no drilling). It says 17-19 so I’d assume it would work on the 2020.

54348570-5CC7-4987-950C-B6BCE6A9165C.jpeg

Cool option. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the same compressor that Viair sells. Probably from the same factory. No listed CFM so I wonder if it'll run air tools. I suppose you could also ditch the lame train horns and use those valve manifold lines for rear bags. Never understood the train horn thing.

Cool option. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the same compressor that Viair sells. Probably from the same factory. No listed CFM so I wonder if it'll run air tools. I suppose you could also ditch the lame train horns and use those valve manifold lines for rear bags. Never understood the train horn thing.

I posted it just for mounting options, however, those train horns could be the option needed for the adaptive cruise control for when those jackwagons don't get out of the way lol.

I posted it just for mounting options, however, those train horns could be the option needed for the adaptive cruise control for when those jackwagons don't get out of the way lol.
i suppose you're right. I do like the tank and compressor mounting location. I like that the kit comes with a quick release chuck that can be mounted on the exterior of the truck. I wonder where you'd run the air inlet though. It looks like they include quite a bit of tubing to remote mount it in the engine bay or in the bed

Looks like they have an option for a compressor system without horns. Score.

Another option.

Back