12 inch screen protector

As per our friend Bluezilla, you can use screen protectors intended for the F150 12" Sync4 - buuuutttt, you do need to remove the bezel around the screen to fit it properly... It's good and bad I guess, bad because it's a PITA, but good because the edges of the screen protector are well protected by the bezel.

His instructions to install a F150 screen protector were as follows:

Yeah that's right, we lose some screen real estate from the bezel... Which is stupid if you ask me since on the f150 it's not the same way.

It was pretty easy, just keep your fingers off of the piano black areas of the bezel, it seems like if you look at them the wrong way, they scratch.

Remove center speaker cover (clips)
Remove two 7mm bolts under speaker cover.
Remove center cubby by tilting up and towards the windshield.
Remove one 7mm directly behind the top of the center stack trim (gotta feel for it, it's impossible to see unless you have a really small head lol)
Gently pry out center stack bezel around the screen. Remove 7-8 connectors (the top connectors require a small flathead to gently depress the connector (lever is towards the center).
This exposes the screen.
The rest of the instructions are on the ocdplug sure under support.
MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE that you clean the factory screen with a lot of IPA. It is filthy and greasy from the factory. Use painters tape to catch all the remaining dust nibs after buffing dry. Set a microfiber rag between the bottom of the screen and the digital HVAC to avoid soapy water dripping down there when you squeegee the screen protector on.

1634426204916.png

Ordered my Lariat on 7/10 pick it up on 9/17. I have 748 miles so far. I am coming from a Nissan Titan and I really like the truck the one thing is it's a lot bigger than the Titan is.

The one from the OCD plug works on our screens, like NL-Tremor quoted, you have to remove the bezel. It's pretty easy overall but will take 30 or so minutes to do because of the PITA bezel removal.

If you are pulling the bezel anyhow I’d roll with tempered glass. Easier to clean IMO. I installed this one:

Screen Protector Foils for 2021 F-150 F150 SYNC4 12In Navigation Display Tempered Glass 9H Hardness HD Clear LCD GPS Touch Screen Protective Film (Glass Protector) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08VRLSYC3/
The benefit to the OCD plug one is that it reduces the glare unless you can find a tempered one with a matte finish. It's also oleophobic so you won't get finger smudges on it easily. Otherwise, I agree, tempered is far superior in most cases (I have one on my phone).

Has anyone tried this one yet?
7F3164C9-695F-49FE-909C-FF33C36D0C1C.jpeg

I’m planning on getting Xpel ppf & they have a film specifically made to protect the screen & I’ll be having that installed also

I just got my Screenprotech film on Friday so I call my detail guy that did my tint and PPF and he said he thinks he can install next Friday. Better yet he in not going to charge me. Will update with how it looks.
I did try 2 glass screen protectors but they are all to large and I am not willing to pull stuff apart.

I used the one from OCDplug.com bought direct from them for a 12” f150, I installed it without removing the bezel no issues. If you’re already taking the bezel off for another reason it’s definitely easier but it can be done without taking the bezel off. The matte finish is very nice

I used the one from OCDplug.com bought direct from them for a 12” f150, I installed it without removing the bezel no issues. If you’re already taking the bezel off for another reason it’s definitely easier but it can be done without taking the bezel off. The matte finish is very nice
I installed the same about a month ago. It was slightly large but you can easily tuck it behind the bezel. Just use plenty of spray and squeegee it out. I wrapped the install tool in the lint free cloth and tucked it in behind the bezel to dry. No problems and works great.

Back