12.1" Screen

bbrett

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Lariat Tremor
Anyone install this in your truck yet? It's supposedly way better than those Linkswell or Phoneix ones. If so how do you like it? I was thinking about getting it since it retains the 360 Cameras, it looses XM Radio though. :(

maxresdefault.jpg

No XM Radio would be a deal breaker for me. Too many places we go have horrible or no radio channels.

I see there's an option to stream from cell phone to this unit via Bluetooth.

I haven't installed on. I thought about it for a second but my wife shot the idea down. She doesn't want me ruin "her" truck. I kind of like having physical knobs and buttons anyway. Don't feel like it would add any utility other than looking cool

What is the draw everyone has to the bigger screens?

Personally the Ram Interior screams hell no to me.

To each their own, I just dont understand the allure of a huge screen in the place of reliable buttons...

I have the 12.1" UConnect system in my 2019 Ram Limited, while it looks cool its one of the reason why they're buying back my truck. Its never worked right in 2 years and its been in and out of the shop 8 different times sometimes 2 weeks at a time.. but again my Ram I've had issues with Air suspension, it's needed 4 new injectors, and ABS system had quarks..

I like it but I have a good sized screen on a 2018 Volvo S90...collects dust and dirt and isn't as immediate as id like. Push buttons are preferable imho.

What is the draw everyone has to the bigger screens?

Personally the Ram Interior screams hell no to me.

To each their own, I just dont understand the allure of a huge screen in the place of reliable buttons...

That's exactly why I'm excited about Ford's next generation truck interior. They are keeping the buttons and making the screen just a tad bigger/wider. That seems to make more sense than having a huge vertical screen.

2021-ford-f150-nav-screen.png

Back