Grabber

Tremor Aficionado
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350
Has anyone received the recall notice or have had the transmission recall performed on their truck yet. My truck is clearly in the date range as being built in May of 2020 (Kentucky Truck Plant dates, Feb 28, 2019 thru August 10, 2020. I know Ford is activating VINs in batches, but have not heard anything. I would really like to get this repair behind me, so I can put some miles on the transmission to make sure it runs okay. Not thrilled about the idea of having my transmission completely torn down by the dealership. Also, personally I think Ford should compensate everyone by giving them extended warranty on the transmission after the repair. It would show they have good faith in the repair for long term.

If you have had the recall performed, how does your truck run? Thanks.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of buying a brand new $75,000 truck and having to get the transmission rebuilt. My opinion Ford should put in a completely new, never used, never rebuilt or remanufactured transmission, and then still extend the warranty in good faith. Anytime I've ever had a tranny rebuilt, it has never performed the same again....ever!!!!

Couple of other threads on it:

Consensus from those is that, based on the axle ratios involved, it only impacts dually trucks. Means Tremors are not impacted by the recall.

Couple of other threads on it:

Consensus from those is that, based on the axle ratios involved, it only impacts dually trucks. Means Tremors are not impacted by the recall.
Well that makes it even worst in my opinion. What's the difference between the dually transmission and non-dually. I wasn't aware of any difference in the transmissions.:unsure:

Well that makes it even worst in my opinion. What's the difference between the dually transmission and non-dually. I wasn't aware of any difference in the transmissions.:unsure:
Just speculating, but could have to do with different assembly lines or parts bins?

Back