10R140 trans pan upgrade?

I'm not sure if PML's email signup on the 10R140 pan page is working. I can fill in all the info and click the button but I don't get any confirmation that I'm signed up.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this or the Mag-Hytec option being available soon!

After dropping the current pan, how will we know how much to add without having a Dip Stick. We can measure how much was drained, guess the amount of spillage and re-fill the same. Not an exact science. With a drain plug, we can measure exactly what was removed, Drop and clean the Pan, replace the Filter then refill with the exact amount we removed. This will only happen if we get a new Pan that has a drain plug. Cleaning the Pan and Replacing the Filter is the only way I can see how my Transmission is doing, and if I've removed any contamination. Otherwise, it's a complete flush every 30-50,000 miles and no Filter replacement.

Think it would easier if they just bought a truck for themselves to do fitting/testing.
Or maybe rent one. Buying one would probably eliminate any profits from their effort. I think they're a pretty small operation. Regardless the part of the email I wanted to emphasize was that they are soliciting ideas and input so they can serve the customers' design wishes the best. I think it's worth a little effort on our part to show a significant interest so they don't forget to design in off road design considerations such as ground clearance and a robust bottom design with cooling fins built in. I'm sure others have ideas worth considering as well.

I'm not sure if PML's email signup on the 10R140 pan page is working. I can fill in all the info and click the button but I don't get any confirmation that I'm signed up.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this or the Mag-Hytec option being available soon!
Apparently I had already signed up, hence the email. Not realizing this I tried to sign up on the link and it responded that I had already registered. I'm guessing you may get a delayed reply at some point. If not just try a second time to register and see if you get the same pop up message I got. ?

After dropping the current pan, how will we know how much to add without having a Dip Stick. We can measure how much was drained, guess the amount of spillage and re-fill the same. Not an exact science. With a drain plug, we can measure exactly what was removed, Drop and clean the Pan, replace the Filter then refill with the exact amount we removed. This will only happen if we get a new Pan that has a drain plug. Cleaning the Pan and Replacing the Filter is the only way I can see how my Transmission is doing, and if I've removed any contamination. Otherwise, it's a complete flush every 30-50,000 miles and no Filter replacement.
Haven't looked into the details but I believe someone posted a picture of the fill port on the side of the transmission. As I understand it you fill to the edge of the fill port kind of like the differential. If they add a drain port in the new pan it would be possible to draw off a few ounces to check the condition of the fluid. Not the worst situation but not the best either.

I suggested a magnetic plate built into the pan to attract metal particulates that are shed from the gears during operation.

Bumping this thread, spoke with Mag Hytec earlier and they mentioned pan would be ready possibly by early fall timeframe (August). Pan will include drain port but no dipstick tube or anything else. Will have to use a pump or something similar to refill and I'm guessing top off once fluid reaches temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was searching different forums for this same thing and came across this pan upgrade. Joined to post if you guys might find it useful

I was searching different forums for this same thing and came across this pan upgrade. Joined to post if you guys might find it useful

Very nice! That's being added to the future mods list. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, and welcome to the forum! Do you have a Tremor and are you one of the hopefuls standing in line? ? ?:cool: ??

Very nice! That's being added to the future mods list. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, and welcome to the forum! Do you have a Tremor and are you one of the hopefuls standing in line? ? ?:cool: ??
I don't but the package does look great ? probably will end up doing my own version of it haha

Been thinking about this lately...I don't really see a need for a huge deep pan. There is a thermostat and thermal coupling to the engine coolant temp. If it is designed to run at 190-210 then that's where it should be. I'd like to get a good look at the stock pan and see if there is a good place to add a drain plug to the plastic pan.

Latest Discussions

Back