10R140 trans pan upgrade?

thevol

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
7.3 XLT Tremor
Has anyone seen a metal pan with a drain plug yet? I just dont trust a plastic pan with "lifetime" fluid. Looking under the truck appears there is a fill plug but not sure of the procedure to fill. I like to change it every 25k or so...

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Reaction Points
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
Has anyone seen a metal pan with a drain plug yet? I just dont trust a plastic pan with "lifetime" fluid. Looking under the truck appears there is a fill plug but not sure of the procedure to fill. I like to change it every 25k or so...
Perhaps with time an upgrade will come out? I agree plastic pans don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence, especially given the relative prowess of the off road worthy Tremor.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
There's a shop in Florida (i think) that makes motor and trans skid plates to protect the pans. I haven't seen one in the wild as yet and their website isn't the greatest but I did confirm with them that they do still offer them

DanMan583

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor XLT 7.3L , Oxford White
l’ve used Mag-Hytec in the past. They are oversized so you can use more Fluid than stock. They come with drain plugs and a dipstick. Plus they make differential covers that are similar. I just don’t know if they make one for the new 10 speed Auto yet. But it’s probably worth a call to them.

Red Forman

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
My wife’s Infiniti QX80 also has “lifetime” transmission fluid, but the manual also tells you to get it changed at 100,000 miles...

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck
What is the definition of lifetime?

Hank.

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 7.3 Tremor
I agree 100% flushed the tranny in my f150 every 50k and never had a problem with it. (176k, sold it to a friend and going strong) I drive pretty easy, but work my trucks hard, And keep them for a long time, so all about preventative maintenance. Definitely looking for a serviceable upgrade on this.

HeavyAssault

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Miltary
US Army
Current Ride
2015 F350
Not sure how we have gone backwards in maintenance. BTW I'm developing a motor oil that allows for oil change intervals at 3K. No special additives, no special filters, no special tools!! Cleaner oil and peace of mind!!
Hit me up for more details on how you can become the first to run this revolutionary new oil.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge