10 speed shifting questions.

Digger29

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Edition
I assume that the Tremor has the same 10 speed tranny as my Raptor does so my question to you guys does it shift as crazy as it does on my Raptor? It constantly seems like it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in and has some very hard downshifts from 8th to 7th and then to 6th gear. It's better with MPTs 93 performance tune with their transmission mods but still annoying from time to time. My wife hates driving my truck because of the quirky shifting. Thanks, Mike

I can’t speak for anyone else but my 10 speed shifts seamlessly. Sometimes I’ll look at the indicator on the gauges and be surprised it has made several shifts to an upper gear. A lot of times it’ll skip gears in the lower end but you don’t even notice it. I’m sure you’ll hit every gear if towing something heavy. I have a 6.7 if it matters.

I assume that the Tremor has the same 10 speed tranny as my Raptor does so my question to you guys does it shift as crazy as it does on my Raptor? It constantly seems like it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in and has some very hard downshifts from 8th to 7th and then to 6th gear. It's better with MPTs 93 performance tune with their transmission mods but still annoying from time to time. My wife hates driving my truck because of the quirky shifting. Thanks, Mike
The Raptor/F150 have a 10R80 ten speed....The Super duties have the 10R140 Transmission. They are not the same.

The Raptor/F150 have a 10R80 ten speed....The Super duties have the 10R140 Transmission. They are not the same.
I was abou

My 10 speed shift smooth as silk.

Check this article:
Transmission Info.JPG

My 10 speed shifts erratically as well. My 7.3 has about 4600 miles and hasnt changed since day one. Im not impressed- and with the constant over compensation with “death wobble”, i wonder if i made a mistake. A 70K mistake. Im sure its just my misfortune as other members on this site have zero issues

Back to your question: My transmission shifts smoothly and flawlessly. I have not towed with it yet. It always seems to be in the right gear. I have not experienced any hard downshifts or other malarcky. And like others on here, it seems to run at about 205 Degrees even on cool days and flat terrain.

My 10 speed shifts erratically as well. My 7.3 has about 4600 miles and hasnt changed since day one. Im not impressed- and with the constant over compensation with “death wobble”, i wonder if i made a mistake. A 70K mistake. Im sure its just my misfortune as other members on this site have zero issues
check your VIN at the NHTSA website....make sure your tranny has not been recalled.

You have the death wobble? Or are just confusing that with the lane track system, where every time you cross a line on the rode the wheel will shake to verify you are not fading off. Lane track system feels a lot like the slats in the road on the side of a 2 lane highway.

My trans is great! A lot better than my a6 in my 19 trd tacoma.

You have the death wobble? Or are just confusing that with the lane track system, where every time you cross a line on the rode the wheel will shake to verify you are not fading off. Lane track system feels a lot like the slats in the road on the side of a 2 lane highway.

I just discovered today you can adjust the sensitivity of the lane keeping feedback on the steering wheel and the crash warning sensitivity.

Nope, im not confused with the lane track system. My 2016 f350 crew drove a lot better, at least for me. The 16 had the diesel, maybe the heavier front end made the difference

Nope, im not confused with the lane track system. My 2016 f350 crew drove a lot better, at least for me. The 16 had the diesel, maybe the heavier front end made the difference
What did the dealer say?

I was referring to the tranny. I know its a new model but ugh!
You said you had the death wobble and the tranny was over compensating. The dealer should fix the death wobble.

In short, no the truck does not shift shitty as you described. There is the odd kick in the butt when shifting from 1st to 2nd...usually the truck goes from 1st to 3rd for me and it's super smooth. That's the only odd thing I've noted from the transmission with the 7.3.

mine shifts fine ... sometimes it shifts rough but its a truck not a sports car but it rare and when towing it shift flawlessly .... and in tow haul shifting down while going down a hill .... more of a mountain it shifted fine ... it surprises me it is in 8th or 10th gear where my f150 i always knew what gear it was in when going down the road

Back