10 speed failures

That said, I do feel like everything about the truck — suspension / transmission / power bands — smooths out when towing.

Maybe I’ll just put a few hundred gallons of water in a fire skid on the bed and call it a day.
QTAC fire skid? :D

QTAC fire skid? :D

Those are expensive but probably worth it if semi-permanent.

I wonder if the 1350# model would be enough weight…

5e6f9fb24b406c49658412bf_125HP-Main.jpg

AS for getting a loaner maybe you could apply some leverage to the dealer letting them know you are on this tremor forum and other owners have posted dealers out of good business practice give out loaners for stuff like this and also we post what dealers forget about us after the purchase. I know I would not go to purchase a 70k plus truck from a dealer that has negative feed back

AS for getting a loaner maybe you could apply some leverage to the dealer letting them know you are on this tremor forum and other owners have posted dealers out of good business practice give out loaners for stuff like this and also we post what dealers forget about us after the purchase. I know I would not go to purchase a 70k plus truck from a dealer that has negative feed back

Could also try to go through AAA or your insurance company.

i wonder how may of you with shifting issues are driving around with old "Firmware"

IMO this is the best feature of the 2022's is OTA TCM/PCM updates.. i know my 2018 10r80 had shifting issues related to out of date TCM software and because it required a service visit to update.. it just fell by the wayside.

i wonder how may of you with shifting issues are driving around with old "Firmware"

IMO this is the best feature of the 2022's is OTA TCM/PCM updates.. i know my 2018 10r80 had shifting issues related to out of date TCM software and because it required a service visit to update.. it just fell by the wayside.

Possible. What is the current firmware version and how does one check it?

So my 2021 7.3L tremor started lurching really bad and sounded awful, took it into the dealer and they said something came loose in the transmission and it ate itself... my question is has anyone had any luck with getting a loaner vehicle from Ford? The truck has 4500 miles and has been in the shop for 2 weeks with no timeline when it will be done.
Not sure which dealer you are using, however loaner cars are few and far in between right now. I had to deal with this over the last couple months with my wife's exploder. Escalate to the service manager and they will help you out but you most likely will end up with a SUV instead of a truck. On the last 2 visits we had, they were trying to schedule the loaner cars with specific customers as they only had a couple. If the service manager can't help give the dealer/store manager a call, they really want to see smiles from their customers and are able to pull more strings to make things happen.

Possible. What is the current firmware version and how does one check it?
you can retrieve your TCM Strategy designation w. ForScan. Than Ford should be able to tell you if there is an update to address your issues

For those experiencing issues did you have them from the beginning or have they developed over some time? Just curious as I’m only at 1500 miles but finding it to be the smoothest shifting transmission on any vehicle I’ve owned.
From day 1 for me, worst shifting vehicle Ive ever owned, and Ive owned a bunch

another thing i noticed with these 10r's is that if your tuned and than change your tune.. say go from 50hp to 100hp file.. than your TCM goes into the re-learn mode again... also if your tire size changes and you don't specify the new diameter in Forscan, it will shift like shit too

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere about the 22s? Where did you hear about the OTA TCM/PCM updates, so the 20/21 dont have this ability?

2020 7.3 tremor, 7k miles here.

Other than some sluggish shifting when it's cold while I'm driving slow through my subdivision, mine shifts perfect. I've never experienced a "banging". Wonder if something was changed in the later model trucks.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere about the 22s? Where did you hear about the OTA TCM/PCM updates, so the 20/21 dont have this ability?
just 2022+ with the sync 4

Mine is a 2020 7.3L with 25000KM now and i swear it shifts even worse now than before..... I hate it most days. Sluggish when cold, hard up and down shifts in lower gears, lunges forward....UGHHHHH. Dropping it off at ford next week for them to look at it. Really hoping there is an issue and not just how this 10 speed is. Hwy speed its mint and also when towing. Around town i dislike it enough im close to getting rid of it.

One concern i have is i did have a 5star tune running for a bit but since it did not fix the shifting enough i chose to go back to stock. This was 3-4000 km ago. Is there anyway Ford can see this being done?

Back