‘19 Raptor -> ‘20 Tremor

Tremek

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor 7.3
Hi all - recently my family and I have been discussing going on a ‘social distancing’ tour of the American West as our kids aren’t in school, I can’t travel for work, and our house is continuing to be rebuilt after a house fire last year...

As such, the ‘19 Raptor I picked up last July after my ‘14 E63s wagon burned in my garage is sadly on its last night with us. I traded in my ‘13 Land Cruiser that survived the fire and the Raptor on a ‘20 F-350 Tremor Lariat with the Ultimate and Sport packages:

seTLRMi.jpg

2fQsZAd.jpg

As the Raptor’s tongue/tow rating was only 800/8000 lbs, we felt limited by the potential travel trailer we could tow with sufficient space to house my wife and I and our 3 boys. So now the search for a good travel trailer likely in the 8-10k GVWR range, which I suspect the 7.3 and 10spd will handle well.

Looking forward to learning with the community! When is that Whipple going to be available....

Hi all - recently my family and I have been discussing going on a ‘social distancing’ tour of the American West as our kids aren’t in school, I can’t travel for work, and our house is continuing to be rebuilt after a house fire last year...

As such, the ‘19 Raptor I picked up last July after my ‘14 E63s wagon burned in my garage is sadly on its last night with us. I traded in my ‘13 Land Cruiser that survived the fire and the Raptor on a ‘20 F-350 Tremor Lariat with the Ultimate and Sport packages:

seTLRMi.jpg

2fQsZAd.jpg

As the Raptor’s tongue/tow rating was only 800/8000 lbs, we felt limited by the potential travel trailer we could tow with sufficient space to house my wife and I and our 3 boys. So now the search for a good travel trailer likely in the 8-10k GVWR range, which I suspect the 7.3 and 10spd will handle well.

Looking forward to learning with the community! When is that Whipple going to be available....
Nice choice in vehicles, I traded my 18 Magnetic Raptor for a Black F350, similarly optioned.
If you’re looking at dispersed camping and offgrid, check out the Black Series Camper Trailers. They are a little pricey but extremely well built. I ended up with a truck camper since it’s just me the wife and the dog but the HQ19 was my second choice.

Understand that once you take your boys on a long Road Trip out West they are doomed to wander the rest of their lives. My dad took us on several multiple month camper road trips in the 70’s and we’ve be on the road as often as possible ever since.

If you decide to make that trip, PM me and I will share some of my favorite sites in the Intermountain West.

Love it, thank you for offering to share your experience and camp sites - going to try to get a trailer figured out in short order and meanwhile one of our first trips may be to meet up with some friends also engaging in some social distancing at Lake Powell.

We actually looked at a Black Series last weekend and it looked very nice and the independent suspension is extremely trick for a trailer. However we are thinking that we want a bunkhouse for our boys (8, 6, and 5) to have a little space and for us to have a little sanity. I’m going to be attempting to ‘wfh’ during the week while we’re out and about, so having a door I can put between me and the tornadoes of chaos 20’ in the other direction I think will be extremely important.

I came from an 18 Raptor (biggest POS I've ever owned) and couldn't be happier with the Tremor! Welcome to the club!

went from a dinosaur f150 to Your trucks twin sister, and, you'll probably be out of warranty, before You find every bell and whistle, if You're anything like me. open the sunroof, crank up channel 74, and, enjoy the ride!
the fire things out and out sucks. but, No one was hurt, and THAT means more than any truck we can buy or build.

^^^ completely agree, thank you. (One of my dogs tore his ACL as I helped him escape from the dog run but we got him TPLO surgery last year and he recovered well.)

Ordered some Bushwacker smooth fender flares for the truck today, hoping they fit. With that said it says on their site that it fits a F-250 with the 6.8' bed, but for some reason not a F-350. TBD. Link

I liked my Raptor's flares:
4AuqmEX.jpg

The Tremor by comparison looks under-done. Ford didn't go far enough with the Tremor package, but this is par for the course since Hackett came in as CEO.
nYf0dow.jpg

Jci1Sr5.jpg

Frankly the whole truck feels a little under-done. Ford's cost-cutting is very much on display when even tactile things like the steering wheel, which you're in contact with virtually every moment you're in the truck, is coarse and plasticky and isn't even heated. <$25k Kias have heated wheels; there's no good reason that a >$70k MSRP Lariat Ultimate Sport Tremor shouldn't.

Ford product planners, if you're still employed next year and read this - try a little harder please. Maybe watch Ford v Ferrari for a reminder of how good the company can be when politics and cost-cutting doesn't run the show.

I disagree on the tremor. My only change would have been 18x9 wheels.
It’s an awesome truck that starts at $53k as a SD. Damn good looking truck for the price.
Yes higher end models should have heated steering with heated cooled seat option.

As far as ford trucks they all should have push button starts. It’s so convenient. It was standard on their $20k fiesta st.

Welcome to the forum @Tremek - Thanks for posting all of the side by side comparison photos with the Raptor. I have a 17 Raptor and absolutely love it. Nervous about getting rid of it for the Tremor. However, I have a 27ft trailer that I pull and want a cool off-road truck that can do it without sweating. Tremor fits the bill. Like you I would like to see a little more added to the Tremor to make it a little more special over a regular F250. Hopefully with the success Ford has had with the Tremor, they will continue to make improvements on the upcoming years.

Hope so. I’n going to do some surgery myself. Looks like other SD people have swapped over the Raptor heated leather steering wheel with paddles. Time to play with the Ford Legos..

Welcome! While I haven't tried it, there is a heated steering wheel option on Lariats, and standard on Platinum. It is part of the Windshield de-icer option. Some dealers include it, others don't. Hope you enjoy your summer trip, sounds fun.

Hope so. I’n going to do some surgery myself. Looks like other SD people have swapped over the Raptor heated leather steering wheel with paddles. Time to play with the Ford Legos..
I will probably do the Raptor steering wheel swap eventually. Boosted GreyGoose now has a website with the harness and information.

Put a Raptor wheel in the F350 this morning:

Fj4LKoM.jpg

Vastly better than the pleather unit that this truck came with. Curses on the person that didn't order the what, $165? deicer option on this truck so no heated wheel either. I also replaced the clockspring unit and am waiting on the steering wheel heating module and custom harness, and then will program that via Forscan and probably during that same engagement get the paddle shifters working, but it's progress.

Also put the OEM rubber Super Duty mats in the truck that were similar to the mats I had in my Raptor. Also way better.

Received the Bushwacker smooth fender flares yesterday and mocked up what they would look like on the truck:

afX2m70.jpg

qJTBCcz.jpg

sX138ge.jpg

Ignore the fitment/gaps - they're not actually installed on the truck. I like the look personally, gives the Tremor the Raptor XL look I'm starting to aim for. It might need bigger rubber to better fill the wheel well and wheels with (less?) offset to push them out to the edges of the flares, tbd.

zH9KwvD.jpg

Brought the 5th wheel home yesterday, truck towed very well, maybe better than my expectations.
Your Choice of RV was impeccable!.....A Grand Design is in my future

Received the Bushwacker smooth fender flares yesterday and mocked up what they would look like on the truck:

afX2m70.jpg

qJTBCcz.jpg

sX138ge.jpg

Ignore the fitment/gaps - they're not actually installed on the truck. I like the look personally, gives the Tremor the Raptor XL look I'm starting to aim for. It might need bigger rubber to better fill the wheel well and wheels with (less?) offset to push them out to the edges of the flares, tbd.
You are going for the Raptor XL look, very nice. Just need some tubbed out fenders and a Raptor Grill.

No FORD grill available yet for the 2020 Super Duty near as I can tell. I had an exchange with an EBay seller and even being based in the US he wasn’t aware of the difference in the ‘20’s grill contours inside the headlights versus the 17-19 trucks. If anyone is aware of one that fits, I’m interested... But not in a DODO grill. Those are the worst.

The '20 trucks have slightly different headlight bezels (Bottom half towards grill), which intern makes the grill different from the previous '17-19 trucks.

Yup. Just eyeballing the grill shapes I saw that and called it out to the dude on eBay before I ordered and he mentioned he would be working with his suppliers to get a 2020+ grill but no timeframe.

Love the truck and your comparison. Looking to do the same with my raptor to tremor switch eventually

Back